Our ideal candidate has experience in a management position in a full service restaurant. Some experience in catering is also preferred. Above all, the individual in this position must work well with and manage the other line cooks professionally and effectively.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Working a fast-paced restaurant line on all stations (garde manger, fry, saute and grill)
- Assist executive chef with ordering, menu development and event planning
- Train and mentor line cooks to execute the menu to the expected standards
- Communicate with FOH and upper management
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen to expectations of Health Inspections
- Execute events for up to 200 people in conjunction with the executive chef
- Experience working a wood fired oven is a plus
Compensation: The individual in this position is guaranteed four weeks of paid vacation during the time the Barn is closed for breaks in the “shoulder seasons” (Two weeks in both April and November). Health insurance is offered including a company contribution to an HSA.
Full-time, salaried position: $35,000 – $50,000 annually based on experience